An ambitious and highly-skilled Project Manager is being sought to join a thriving construction procurement specialist firm. Shelby Group runs a portfolio of bespoke retail projects throughout the UK.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Project Manager, ideally based in the South of England with easy access into London, with the necessary drive and determination to successfully deliver retail construction schemes, from inception through to completion.
All applicants must have excellent communication skills and it is preferable that they have some retail sector experience, but not essential.
CVs or requests for further details to Dawn Taylor, Shelby Group’s Finance and Marketing Director, in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelby Group is a construction consultancy business operating across the UK. We have a small, highly-experienced team of Quantity Surveyors and Project and Programme Managers. Further details can be found at www.shelbygroup.co.uk
- Full-time role on salaried contract or freelance day-rate;
- Managing, planning and programming each project;
- Meeting all KPIs and ensuring delivery to timescale;
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of H&S legislation;
- Managing effective meetings – scope, pre-start, site visits, practical completion, hand-over, stakeholder;
- Building and maintaining relationships with all clients and supply chain;
- Interpreting detailed drawings, specifications/bill of quantities in relation to their practical application.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/HND-preferable (construction related);
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Good building pathology knowledge and a basic understanding of construction contracts;
- Must be computer literate with good numeracy skills;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work under pressure with good delegation skills;
- Relevant CSCS card is preferable.
Benefits if employed full-time
- Car allowance.
- Group pension plan with employer contributions.
- 24 days holiday annually, plus all bank and public holidays.
- Laptop and iPhone provided.